The Tools You Need to Survive the Leasing Game
Our agents at SwiftLease can give you the tools you need to survive the leasing game. We navigate the process of finding and negotiating office spaces for our customers daily in the Texas markets of Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, and Austin; so they know the right questions to ask both you and the landlords regarding the space as well as the terms of the lease. We have compiled what we believe to be the most important information that our customers can benefit from whether they are using our services or simply doing research before finding the best small office space for their business.
The following resource library contains informational articles about the basics of leasing commercial real estate, complex lease issues, and important things to know about small office space.
20 Things You Should Know About Leasing Small Office Space
INTRO TO COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE
- Choosing a Location for Your Business
- Classes of Office Space
- Types of Office Space Leases
- Documents Required to Sign an Office Lease
- How are Commissions Paid?
- How Long Does It Take to Find Office Space and Move-in?
- How Long of a Lease Should I Sign?
- The Role of Brokers in an Office Lease Transaction
- Things to Consider When Touring Office Buildings
COMPLEX LEGAL ISSUES
- Office Space Lease Renewals
- Operating Expense Protection
- Sublease vs. Assignment of an Office Lease
- Things to Consider When Negotiating Expansion Rights
LEASING OFFICE SPACE 101
- Determining How Much Office Space to Lease
- How Parking Works in an Office Building
- Office Rent Structures
- Sample Parking Agreement
- Top 10 Things to Consider
- Usable vs. Rentable Square Feet in an Office Space
* These materials are derived from independent sources or from SwiftLease experience and are provided solely for educational purposes. SwiftLease does not warrant or guaranty this information.